On-Demand Training for Workforce Professionals
THMP Workforce Academy is an innovative, online training platform designed to provide workforce development agency staff with a thorough understanding of programmatic and financial program requirements, policies and processes—plus best practices for enhancing overall success.
Current course offerings are detailed below. Be sure to check out this short video to learn more about our online training format.
SNAP E&T Essentials
- Part One: A quick review of the history of SNAP and the goals of SNAP E&T, followed by an overview of a typical case life-cycle, beginning with a discussion of the ABAWD's Initial Engagement Activities, the 8 Work Components, and the Work Component assignment process.
- Part Two: Continues the typical case process, including the Initial Appointment, crucial case-management practices, and specific requirements for recording JPRs in OSST—plus key details on the sanction process, Food Stamp Reimbursements, and the Florida Job Connect system.
The WTP Series 4-course WTP Bundle:
- Creating Effective Welfare Transition Individual Responsibility Plans Begins with the history of the Welfare Transition Program (WTP), explains why an IRP is required for each open WTP case, along with best practices for creating and using an effective IRP.
- Work Activity Requirements of the Welfare Transition Program Provides a thorough understanding of WTP’s work activities participation requirements, beginning with a review of Core and Core Plus activities, plus specific requirements related to each activity.
- Make it Count: Participation Rate & JPRs Provides a clear understanding of JPRs as well as their role in driving WTP participation success and participant self-sufficiency.
- Understanding Pre-penalties & Sanctions Provides a critical understanding of the complex WTP Pre-penalty and Sanction process, using clear language and typical examples.
WTP Performance & Reporting Clearly explains the 4 Common Performance Measures and key OSST reports that can help staff identify and rectify issues in order to positively impact performance.
- Financial Need-to-Knows for Program Staff Details how case managers’ daily decisions impact the organization’s overall financial health, from budgeting customer training payments and daily time-tracking to funding stream assignments and procurement.
- Procurement Essentials, Acceptable Methods and Common Issues Provides a clear understanding of requirements related to procurement of goods and services for grant-funded Workforce Development Agencies, per Federal procurement guidelines.