On-Demand Training for Workforce Professionals
THMP Workforce Academy is an innovative, online training platform designed to provide workforce development agency staff with a thorough understanding of programmatic and financial program requirements, policies and processes—plus best practices for enhancing overall success. Current course offerings are detailed below.
Be sure to check out this short video to learn more about our online training format.
Using Interpersonal Skills to Enhance WTP Performance ($125) Focuses on the value of interpersonal skills related to workforce development success—specifically, the skills of developing rapport, active listening, and motivating, supporting and empowering participants. While these skills apply equally across programs, WTP case examples are used to illustrate their effectiveness.
The WTP Series with Quiz ($250)
- Creating Effective Welfare Transition Individual Responsibility Plans Beginning with the history of the Welfare Transition Program (WTP), provides a clear understanding of why an IRP is required for each open WTP case, along with best practices for creating and using an effective plan.
- Work Activity Requirements of the Welfare Transition Program Provides a thorough understanding of WTP’s work activities participation requirements, beginning with a review of Core and Core Plus activities, followed by a discussion of specific requirements related to each.
- Make it Count: Participation Rate & JPRs Provides a clear understanding of JPRs as well as their role in driving WTP participation success and participant self-sufficiency.
- Understanding Pre-penalties & Sanctions Provides a critical understanding of the complex WTP Pre-penalty and Sanction process, using clear language and typical examples.
WTP Performance & Reporting ($100) Clearly explains the 4 Common Performance Measures and key OSST reports that can help staff identify and rectify issues in order to positively impact performance.
SNAP E&T Essentials Bundle with Quiz ($300)
- Part One After a quick review of the history of SNAP and the goals of SNAP E&T, progresses through the case life cycle, beginning with a discussion of the ABAWD's Initial Engagement Activities, the 8 Work Components, and the Work Component assignment process.
- Part Two Reviews the remainder of the case life cycle, including the Initial Appointment, crucial case-management practices, and specific requirements for recording JPRs in OSST—plus key details on the sanction process, Food Stamp Reimbursements, and the Florida Job Connect system.
Procurement Essentials, Acceptable Methods and Common Issues ($150) An updated, video-based training module that covers all the basics, as well as recent revisions to 2 CFR 200—Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards, effective November 12, 2020—plus an enhanced discussion of formal procurement and contracting.
Financial Need-to-Knows for Program Staff ($100) Details how case managers’ daily decisions impact the organization’s overall financial health, from budgeting customer training payments and daily time-tracking to funding stream assignments and procurement.